“The Sealing of the Saints” Revelation 7
The Book of Revelation is more a symphony than a story.
The 144,000 are spiritual Israel. (Or maybe Jews saved during the Great Tribulation)
• Ephraim and Dan are omitted for apostacy.
• The church is often considered spiritual Israel. Our final home is the New Jerusalem.
• They are joined by a multitude from all nations.
The seal protects the saints from spiritual, not physical harm; from the wrath of the Lamb but not the wrath of Satan.
• We are sealed by the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:30
• The martyrs get theirs early but we all get a robe.
Who would use blood for detergent?
• Soon we will take off the armor and put on the robe.
• This is only the commencement service.
• The motivation for personal holiness and Christian service is joy, not duty or guilt.