The Family & Discipleship Pastor will lead a ministry designed to mature young people in faith, concurrently equipping families to play a vital role in that maturing process.
From 2018 – 2021 we are embarking on an entire church wide discipleship plan known as The Gospel Project and need someone to lead the path.
You will be equipping elementary students in Sunday School, Middle and High School students on Wed nights, and supporting the Senior Pastor with a coordinated preaching schedule.
Essential Job Functions
As a part of the teaching team, preach an expository sermon on Sunday morning once a month. Most of the time this will follow the preaching schedule of the Senior Pastor to maintain continuity for the congregation.
- Take a leadership role in the weekly discipleship ministry.
- Lead a quarterly discipleship event and set aside time to prepare for the leadership event.
- Maintain relationships with adults and especially with children that are above reproach and protect yourself from false accusation by being wise and setting boundaries for yourself.
- Typically attend at least one public worship event each week either Sunday or Wednesday.
- Equip others to work with you in a ministry team.
- Report to the Senior Pastor to make sure your activities are consistent with our church ministry philosophy and strategy.
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor for mentoring and planning.
- Affirm in writing and support in teaching the Statement of Faith of the EFCA.
- Pursue licensure in the EFCA to be completed in one year of hiring.
Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field and 1 -3 years experience as a team member in a ministry leadership capacity.
The successful individual will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information gathering resources is a must.
The Family & Discipleship Pastor (minimum 15 hours / week) is a part-time with the potential to full-time status as the church grows and additional resources become available or as the Senior Pastor retires.
Faith Evangelical Church is a small, rural, family-friendly church with just under 100 members in weekly attendance. We are located about an hour east of Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN or 15 miles NW of Menomonie, WI in scenic Boyceville, population 1100.
We have a beautiful country church and are completely debt free.
Apply for Position
To apply for this position, please email a letter of intent and an current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 30 for consideration with the subject line : “Family & Discipleship Pastor”