1 Corinthians 3
Babies and Solid Food. (1-4)
Are we willing to be fools for Christ? (18-23)
- In the world winning argument is powerful…
- …but in the church strife is childish.
Planters and Waterers. (5-9)
- In the world leaders compete with each other…
- …but in the church they work together.
Architects and Builders (10-16)
- In the world everyone works to achieve their own goals…
- …but in the church we build God’s kingdom together.
Questions for small group discussion:
- Do you have friends or family who think your faith is foolish?
- Where do you see argument and controversy in secular culture?
- How do you think argument and controversy can be avoided or dealt with in the church?
- What does it mean that leaders in the church are servants of God?
- What do we learn about heavenly rewards from Paul’s metaphor of architects and builders?
- What are you doing to build on the foundation of Christ?
Tom’s Bible references from last week: 2 Timothy 1:7; Psalm 18:2; 32:7; 46:1; 57:1; 91:1-16; Nahum 3:11; Numbers 35:6-34; Joshua 20:1-9; Samuel 22:3; Ruth 2:12; Isaiah 4:5-6; Hebrews 6:18; 1 Kings 17 & 18