1 Kings 8:8-23
“But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:43-44
- Set Boundaries (6:8-16)
- Elisha frustrates Ben-Hadad’s plans to ambush Joram.
- Don’t let an enemy make us miserable.
- When possible, give insight. (6:17-20)
- Elisha’s prayers grant both vision and blindness.
- Know when to answer an enemy.
- Show undeserved kindness. (8:21-23)
- Elisha doesn’t let Joram kill his prisoners of war.
- Restrained wrath (mercy) is a powerful weapon for change.
Am I God’s enemy?