The Kingdom of God is like…
- A farmer scattering seed on different soils
- Good and bad seed planted in the same field
- A mustard seed that grows into a large shrub
- Yeast quietly changing a lump of dough
- A treasure stumbled upon
- A most precious pearl diligently sought after
- A drag net
Questions for group or individual reflection:
- What is a parable and why did Jesus use them according to 13:11 – 17?
- Why do some people reject the reign of God in Christ according to the parable of the sower?
- Why is it not our job to pull weeds according to 13:37-43? How does Jesus see the world as a field planted with both good and bad seed?
- Did you stumble across the Kingdom of God in Christ or did you find Jesus after searching?
- What does the image of a dragnet suggest to you about God’s coming judgment?