- Greeting: Paul intends this as a teachable moment
- Prayer: May Philemon’s faith and love be multiplied.
- Plea: Paul would not command Philemon to be gracious.
- God has made the useless person useful.
- Onesimus does not cease being a slave when he becomes a brother.
- Paul committed to paying the debt Onesimus owed.
- Farewell Blessing: Gradually, things will change.
Unexpected acts of grace can plant seeds of transformational change in churches, in business places, in families, in countries, in the world.