How God subversively rules his kingdom today:
- The Sower: By the preaching of the word of God.
- The preaching of the Gospel is the only means by which God is at work in the world.
- Fruitfulness always accompanies spiritual vitality.
- The mustard plant and the lump of dough: By gradually transforming culture.
- In just thirty years, the Apostles carried the gospel to every major city and many small towns throughout the Roman Empire.
- The presence of believers in culture has a leavening effect on society.
- The wheat and the tares: By patiently waiting for the end of the age.
- The field of God’s kingdom is the entire world.
- The reapers can’t tell the difference until harvest when they see the fruit.
- The hidden treasure, the costly pearl, and the dragnet: By calling people to repent.
- Some folks seem to stumble across buried treasure. (Saul of Tarsus)
- Some folks seem to search diligently till they find it like a pearl. (Ethiopian Treasurer)
- Our attitude to the gospel has eternal consequence like a dragnet.
Jesus wants his followers to know what he is doing in the world today.