Their Question: When will this happen and what will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age?
- God is in control of history. (ch 24)
- Some things in the discourse point to the destruction of Jerusalem.
- Some things in the discourse point to the Day of the Lord and the return of Christ.
- He who stands firm to the end will be saved. (ch 25)
- Ten Virgins: Watchfulness
- Talents: Investment
- Sheep & Goats: Integrity
Questions for group or individual reflection:
- According to verses 24:4-25, what things must happen before Christ returns?
- How many of those things have happened already?
- Why is it important for us to be “watchful” and what are we watching for? (24:42-44; 25:13)
- Is the lazy servant’s opinion of the master in 25:24-25 an accurate description of the character of God? Is it a common opinion?
- According to 25:40, who are Christ’s brothers?